Monday, November 28, 2011

first thanksgiving

Thanksgiving 2011 was a milestone - I successfully hosted my first Thanksgiving!  Sure, I had a little help from the boyfriend, but this was my first turkey ever!  I did a lot of research online prior to the big day and wished I had paid more attention all those years my mom did it. But it's not nearly as bad as you might think (I've heard tons of horror stories).  i.e. My mom once told me about someone who actually cooked the turkey with the giblets still inside (uh, gross!!).

I highly recommend this "turkey in a bag" recipe and we also incorporated the feedback of reviewer #1.  Our 17 lb. turkey was cooked to perfection in just 3.5 hours seasoned perfectly with paprika, sage, rosemary, onions, apple and celery. 

Turkey in a Bag - Before

Turkey in a Bag - After

{proud of our masterpiece!}

No comments:

Post a Comment