Monday, February 27, 2012

pain in the neck - literally

This last week really took it out of me. A week ago at the office, my back/neck gave out on me. I literally was sitting in my chair around 3p.m., lifted my arms up to stretch, and boom. Everything locked up. It hurt to breathe, my neck and back killed just sitting, I couldn't move, drive, etc. I've felt lots of physical pain before from my gymnastics career as a kid, but never to this degree. I couldn't even make it into work the following day - and with several upcoming events and a press conference around the corner - it took a lot for me not to be in the office.
I didn't know what to do, so I finally faced my fear of seeing a chiropractor. Luckily, my boyfriend knew of one that didn't crack you - which sounded much better to me. And here's what the doctor found:

The blue line going down my spine is an actual scan of my spine - and it should be straight - not zig-zagging...ugh. No wonder it hurt.

Today, it's been a week and I'm feeling much better. Not 100%, but almost there. If you're feeling significant pain of some sort, I would highly recommend Dr. Jones.

No comments:

Post a Comment