Sunday, November 4, 2012

enjoying salad

Salads aren't usually my go-to meal, but this particular one I've made for a lot of different people and it's always a crowd pleaser. It's a spin on a recipe my friend gave me a few years ago from, I think, Eating Well magazine. The other night, Dave and I had it as our dinner - not a side. We just added shredded chicken and it was both tasty and filling. The salad has also made a few appearances on my blog, but never as the main star. You've probably seen it here or here.


Combine:
- Spring Mix of Greens
- Finely chop one apple
- Finely chop one pear
- Finely chop half of a red onion
- Top with crumbled goat cheese (Trader Joes is my fave. I suggest using about half the container...though I usually get carried away and use the whole thing.)

Dressing:
- 8 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar 
- 1-2 tbsp. mustard (I love Grey Popoun Honey Dijon)
- a sprinkling of ground pepper
*Shake or whisk together* (I never cover the whole salad, just allow everyone to drizzle on their own dressing).


No comments:

Post a Comment