Sunday, December 18, 2011

easy dinner

After a crazy but fun filled day of Christmas shopping, baking and wrapping I wasn't sure what to make for dinner.  It was cloudy and rainy - again - so something hot and easy sounded good. I decided to try my mom's Beef Stroganoff recipe.  And it hit the spot and really was as simple as she said it would be.


Mom's Beef Stroganoff:

*1 lb. Sirloin Steak
*Egg noodles
*1 Sweet Onion
*2 tbsp. Flour
*1 can of Campbell's Healthy Tomato Soup
*1 can of Campbell's Beef Consomme
*One pack of white mushrooms sliced (I don't put mushrooms in my version)

Cut the meet into cubes and brown in a pan. As it browns, add salt and pepper and then chopped onion.  When it's almost brown, add flour.  Then add the soups (beef one first).  Simmer for an hour and 10 minutes before it's done, boil your noodles!  If you want mushrooms, add them towards the end.

Then combine and you've got a bowl of hot, delicious Beef Stroganoff!

No comments:

Post a Comment