Monday, December 19, 2011

holiday baking

So I'm one of those girls that love to bake. There's nothing intimidating to me as far as baking goes - but ask me to cook something and it turns into a long, challenging process that isn't always enjoyable. Hence why I'm always posting easy dinners. With baking, however, I enjoy every little step. 

My mom even got me this card one year - it's exactly how I was as a child and still am today (meaning, i always add extra sugar and love sweets - don't worry, i can read)!


So, yesterday I baked Almond Roca Cookies and Pecan Puffs. Nothing is better than baking with the Christmas music on and rain pouring down. Although I don't mind baking intricate desserts, these are rather simple. Especially the Almond Roca Cookies.

~Almond Roca Cookies ~


Almond Roca Cookies**
*1 cup butter
*1/2 cup sugar
*1/2 cup brown sugar

Cream above ingredients thoroughly.

Add:
*1 beaten egg yolk
*1 tsp. vanilla
*2 cups cake flour

Mix well and spread on a cookie sheet about 1/4 inch thick. Bake 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees. Melt one 10 oz. milk chocolate bar (i always use Symphony Toffee & Almond) and spread on baked cookie while warm. Sprinkle with chopped pecans. Chill and cut into pieces.

**My mom got this recipe from another customer in the grocery store when I was a baby. My brother wanted to know what the lady was using that giant candy bar for! So - she sent my mom the recipe and it's been part of our Christmas collection ever since. **

No comments:

Post a Comment